700,000 people lost power in a Russian attack | Instant World News

 

700,000 people lost power in a Russian attack  Instant World News

Attack on a power plant in Ukraine

Russia attacked a power plant in the Kiev region of Ukraine on Friday, knocking out power to residents in the area. It is reported that Russia used 36 missiles and 600 drones in the attack. Three people were killed in the attack, and there are no reports of injuries. Many people are condemning the attack on a populated area on social media.

Russia's statement

The Russian Defence Ministry has reported that large-scale attacks have been carried out against important Ukrainian military-industrial enterprises and energy facilities that support their activities, and such attacks will continue if necessary.

Ukraine reported

Ukrainian officials said the attack not only damaged the power plant but also several residential areas. However, they added that the power restoration efforts were already underway in the areas without power and that they had so far managed to reconnect about 3,60,000 households.

Mayor's speech

The mayor of Kiev said that a 13-year-old child was also attacked in the attack. He also said that they were able to shoot down 558 drones and 19 missiles from the missiles and drones coming from Russia.

Russia has been regularly attacking Ukrainian soil since 2022. Especially before the winter season, they target important power facilities in Ukraine and leave millions of Ukrainian families without electricity during this season. These families are suffering greatly every year.

#RussiaWarNews            #WorldNews            #InstantNews

Comments