Get the latest on the Hong Kong residential building fire | Instant World News

 

Get the latest on the Hong Kong residential building fire  Instant World News

Information on fires in residential buildings

A fire broke out at the Wong Fook Court apartment building in Hong Kong on Wednesday afternoon. The intensity of the fire was the worst in 80 years. More than 4,600 people lived in the complex. After the fire was completely extinguished, rescue workers said on Friday that about 128 people had died so far and about 200 were in critical condition. Rescue workers also said that the fire was brought under control after 42 hours of work.

Damage so far

Rescue workers said the total death toll from their last rescue attempt was 94, although that was later increased to 128. However, the number of injured so far is 79. Earlier, on Thursday, the number of missing people was 279, but today that number has reached 200. About 900 people living in the area have taken shelter in 8 shelters.

Who is the arrow of accusation directed towards?

Police have investigated the incident and said the fire was caused by the use of unsafe construction materials in the buildings, including flammable foam boards in the windows. Three officials of a construction company have been arrested on charges of negligent homicide in the incident.


#HongKongFireNews        #WorldNews        #InstantNews

Comments